• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out which keys to get and which price and package. This is what I have found so far other than e-bay which is not very reliable when it comes to iffy products like lockpicking. If someone could look over this list and tell me what I need and what the best price is and which ones are rip offs.

Hawkey Lock Supply - Knockers Standard $38.59

5 pin Kwikset,
Schlage,
Weslock,
Yale
M1 Master padlock

Hawkey Lock Supply - Pro Knockers
$60.00

Kwikset,
Titan,
Schlage 5 and 6 pin,
Yale 5 and 6 pin,
Weiser 5 and 6 pin,
Weslock,
Arrow 5 and 6 pin,
National and Master padlock M1

BumpKey.US - Misc.

Yale Y1 - 5 Pin $4.99

Weiser WR5 $4.99

SPECIAL- Schlage SC20 $6.50

BumpKey.US - 5-Key Set
$22.95

- KW1 House Key - 5 Pin
- M1 Padlock Key 4 Pin
- Schlage SC1 Key - 5 Pin
- Schlage SC4 Key - 6 Pin
- Titan KW10 Key - 6 Pin

Peterson Manufacturing, Inc

Schlage C Keyways $3.50

KW 1 Keyways $3.50

KW 10 Keyways $3.50

Schlage E Keyways $3.50

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

I'd highly recommend that you get the 5 key set from bumpkey.us.

It contains 5 very common keys for common locks. With that set, you should be bale to bump a good majority of locks.

#3 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

I have ordered all the items from this site already but the 5-key set is out of stock and wont be coming for a while and the other items seem to be taking a while to process. So I was wondering what a good alternative would be.

#4 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

I have ordered all the items from this site already but the 5-key set is out of stock and wont be coming for a while and the other items seem to be taking a while to process. So I was wondering what a good alternative would be.

Wait it out. They restock extremely fast. I ordered mine, when it was out of stock, and it was shipped the next day.

#5 C0wT1pp3r

C0wT1pp3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

that's pretty fast stuff...

#6 Qspawn

Qspawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

Shouldn't you offer both the SC19 and the SC20? The reason being is because the L keyway which goes into all schlage locks (with the exception of everest and primus) is made in both 5 and 6 pin versions the sc19 and sc 20 respectivly, now, there are certain schlage locks in which it is a 5 pin lock but the retaining cap on the end of the lock (which keeps the cylinder in place) prevents the 6 pin SC20 from going in all the way. (I made an sc20 bump key the other way and rounded the points made by the code cutting machine, ITL FTW, in an attempt at the serpentine bump key, and it works even better than most of my other sc key way bump keys) I have found however, that the ones that I have shaved down to rekey the almont padlocks (you would be suprised at how many almonts come in w/o keys) easily by pass the retaining cap, how ever, it becomes very brittle. (Oh yeah, bumped a BEST the other day :))

Just a thought.

#7 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:08 AM

Even with the retaining cap, the SC20 can do the job. Use the pull out method, pulling out two pins instead of one. That way, when the key hits the retaining cap one pin out, the job has already been done.

Although I do see a market for the SC19, it's cleaner to have the five pin when you need it.

Also... you bumped a BEST! Fantastic. Would you mind detailing the process, either in a post or a PM? I've been working on those for a while, and they're stilling giving me difficulty. I know that it's possible, as I did it once, but I have yet to replicate the process.

#8 Qspawn

Qspawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:58 PM

Ok, first, i just want to say that the 6 pin keys in which you bump 5 pin locks will eventually damage the retaining cap, yes it will work but eventually the cap or the key will break.

Best bumping:

the magic number for best is 23, which is when you add up the bottom pins, control pins and the top pins the total number should equal out to be 23. The trick with best is not to open the lock but to bump to the control shear line, extract the core and flip the pin.