• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nataku

Nataku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

Hello all. I'm new to these forums and I have a quick question. I ordered the Best bump key set and the lock I need opened is a keycard lock with the manual key backup lock. I'm wondering if by bumping the manual lock with a bump key will trigger an alarm or something to do with the keycard lock.

Any input appreciated! :)

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

This really depends on how the keypad lock is setup. If the keypad is setup to REQUIRE a valid entry to disarm a possible alarm, knowing the code would be required. However, if the lock in question simply uses the keypad to release a magnetic locking mechanism, so a key is not required, then it's entirely possible that using the keyway (bump key) will not set off any alarm.

Hope this helps.

Hello all. I'm new to these forums and I have a quick question. I ordered the Best bump key set and the lock I need opened is a keycard lock with the manual key backup lock. I'm wondering if by bumping the manual lock with a bump key will trigger an alarm or something to do with the keycard lock.

Any input appreciated! :)

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.