• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robvs

Robvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

I just got my 11 key set and purchased a No. 3 Masterlock. I've never bumped before and managed to bump the Masterlock with the M1 key on the first attempt. I can now do it just about every time.

I know your'e not supposed to bump an active lock, but I'm about to change my front door locks anyway. My front door is a Schlage 5 pin lock on both the deadbolt and the knob. I cannot bump either. Here's the deal. I'm using the 5 pin Schlage from the 11 key set and it just seems to be such a snug fit. This applies to the duplicate I made today and for the original one that was ordered. It's so snug that sometimes when I bump it, the key doesn't even go all the way into the lock (I am using the pull out method).

I'm new to this. Is this how it's supposed to feel? Is there a fix for this? How do I bump this lock? Again, Masterlock is no problem.

I even tried the six pin Schlage in the set. That one's definitely not the right key.

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

I'm new to this. Is this how it's supposed to feel? Is there a fix for this? How do I bump this lock? Again, Masterlock is no problem.

I even tried the six pin Schlage in the set. That one's definitely not the right key.

Hrm. Could it be possible you have the wrong key? The bump key should move freely in and out of the lock. It should actually feel like you're inserting a 'normal' key into the lock. If you're having to use great force and push the key in, something is not right.

The SC1 and SC4 do both have the same key profile. theoretically , they should both fit into the same lock.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Martin

Martin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

I also have same experience once when my key is not moving the the key-way. I think it all start when your key is free to move. more perfect filing and correct procedures will do the job.