• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scottp

scottp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:33 AM

hello i have aquired finally, a lockwood c4 key cut at the right depths, 9 is the cut for this key, am i right in thinking that i dont have too file these at all if i wont to do the pullout method, but if i want to do the minimal movement method i need too take a .5mm - 1mm off the tip and shoulder? is it universal measuremants for all keys the tip and shoulder or does it vary?

#2 scottp

scottp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:41 AM

by the way, anyone know what happened too the GREAT AUSTRALIAN lockman? he is sadly missed.

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

hello i have aquired finally, a lockwood c4 key cut at the right depths, 9 is the cut for this key, am i right in thinking that i dont have too file these at all if i wont to do the pullout method, but if i want to do the minimal movement method i need too take a .5mm - 1mm off the tip and shoulder? is it universal measuremants for all keys the tip and shoulder or does it vary?

I would first try the pull-out method BEFORE making any changes to the key. Many individuals (self included) prefer this method.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 scottp

scottp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:16 AM

would you say the same tension required would be the same as a tension wrench?

#5 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

According to me its vary from lock to lock. As I am also not sure because I need to see you keys also bout the key-way is the thing which decide the valleys depth.
Sandy