• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smede

Smede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

Ok, well *first post* I've been crafting keys, and bumping for a couple of days now but I just can't seem to get it right. Well, I can (sort of) but it seems too random. Sometimes it will take 30+ and sometimes 1,2,3. Well heres a pic of my key, it can do pull out and minimal movement.

Posted Image

Any comments are quite appreciated.
Thanks.

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

Any comments are quite appreciated.
Thanks.

First, welcome to the board!

Second, the key actually looks quite good. The one thing I would change would be the valley width -- it looks a bit too narrow. This can be accomplished by taking your file and making the gaps between the peaks a bit wider. The reason this will help is that it will allow the wide pins to 'dangle' in the space a bit better.

Please keep us updated.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Smede

Smede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

First, welcome to the board!

Second, the key actually looks quite good. The one thing I would change would be the valley width -- it looks a bit too narrow. This can be accomplished by taking your file and making the gaps between the peaks a bit wider. The reason this will help is that it will allow the wide pins to 'dangle' in the space a bit better.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the speedy reply :tongue:,

Well I filed down ALL of the "peaks" so that they are quite a bit smaller, and I made the valleys slightly deeper, and wider, flatter, across. It works quite a bit better, but the only flaw is that it is kind of hard to tell when the lock is opened. Its quite strange really.

I'll bump the key in, and if it doesnt make a "click-pop" sound, then its good. It also moves up slightly if it didnt work. Also, the key feels REALLY loose, and when I unlock something (you know the 'stage' when your key is half turned in the cylinder (sideways) i can pull it out and the lock will stay the same, come back 5 min later and put it in again and continue. O.o

Anyway, I am seriously considering purchasing the 11key set from bumpkey.us, and was wondering how quickly it would ship to canada.

Oh, and I love to listen to this song while im toiling with my keys :biggrin:

Anyway, thanks for the help, I'm still tweaking it a little and I might upload a pic or two later. If you could answer my questions too that would be great.

:rolleyes: Thanks.

#4 Martin

Martin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

That probably happens most of the time with me also. Sometimes key get loose and you may pull out in halfway turn. Anyways keys from bumpkey.us are the best option for me also as it worked most of the time very conveniently.