• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SweetRevenge355

SweetRevenge355

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

Can someone post a picture of a Schlage SC20 key with both the tip and the shoulder filed down? Everytime I file, I take off too much or not enough.

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

Can someone post a picture of a Schlage SC20 key with both the tip and the shoulder filed down? Everytime I file, I take off too much or not enough.

The SC20 is exactly the same key layout as the SC4. i'm pretty sure there's pictures of the SC4 on here.

One thing to keep in mind is that the SC20 is typically quite a bit thinner than a 'normal' key and is thus more prone to breaking. If you're just starting out, or practicing I would suggest NOT beginning with a SC20.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 SweetRevenge355

SweetRevenge355

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

there aren't I already checked. I've been looking everywhere for at least a model because I'm almost positive that I keep filing too much off.

#4 Say_Wat

Say_Wat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

I've found it is rather helpful to search google "images" for the key you are looking for. I just searched SC20 and SC4 and was able to find high quality pictures for each. I'm not going to post a link because they are from sites that compete with BumpKey, however searching using this method should get you the pictures you are looking for in a good quality.

#5 Say_Wat

Say_Wat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

Sorry my mistake. The pictures I found were just of the keys with the depth cut. They were not yet modified for minimal movement. However you just need to file only enough so that the pins move around half way up the ramp when the key is fully inserted and then when you remove the pressure from the key the pins should push the key back out slightly. I've made my own and taking a little off at a time and then trying seems to be the best way. Hope that helps.

Edited by Say_Wat, 03 February 2009 - 05:49 PM.

#6 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

Sorry my mistake. The pictures I found were just of the keys with the depth cut. They were not yet modified for minimal movement. However you just need to file only enough so that the pins move around half way up the ramp when the key is fully inserted and then when you remove the pressure from the key the pins should push the key back out slightly. I've made my own and taking a little off at a time and then trying seems to be the best way. Hope that helps.

I agree with you on that, I think it need little modification for minimal movement method.
Sandy