• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 smokeliss

smokeliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:22 PM

Need some advice. Not to sure if i made this right, I've tryed it a few times on my deadbolt with no luck. any advice would be greatly appriciated. thanks

Posted Image

#2 Revelationsx29a

Revelationsx29a

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Have you ever bumped before?

You went a bit deep on cuts 3 and 5. 1 is just a tad bit high. 2 and 4 are where they need to be.

You messed up on the shoulder.

Google search "Kwikset Bump Key" and click "Images". Replicate what you see as close as you can. There are multiple high resolution images that you can use for references.
http://revelationx29a.com/index.php

Fringe discussion in an intellectual environment.

#3 smokeliss

smokeliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

thanks for the quick response. never bumped before, my first time. i downloaded some templates and printed them. Gonna try again and ill repost.
thanks again.

#4 Revelationsx29a

Revelationsx29a

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

Picked a good lock/keyway to start out on. Kwikset locks have loose tolerances which allow them to be "bumped" easier.

#5 smokeliss

smokeliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

ok well this is my second try and i think its worse than the first. people make it look so easy, Guess key makeing aint my thing lol. I have one more blank key im gonna try before i just order one. wish me luck. thanks:brickwall:

Posted Image

#6 smokeliss

smokeliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:19 AM

3rd times a charm i guess. successully bumped my front door dead bolt and my storage room doorknob. only got them to bump once but i did it. this is the key i used, still looks pretty ruff to me but it works. Now to just get my technique down and ill be great. Thanks again for all the help. great forums.

Posted Image

#7 Revelationsx29a

Revelationsx29a

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

Great feeling that first time, eh?

#8 smokeliss

smokeliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

Yes I was just about to give up and click it went.:biggrin: Its a sense of accomplishment when you make something with your own hands and it does what is suppose to. Now im hooked I actualy dismanteld my dead bolt so i can practice without being outside (its snowing here) in portland, OR. Thanks again for your advice, I think i found my new favorite forums.:smile:

#9 Revelationsx29a

Revelationsx29a

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

Yes I was just about to give up and click it went.:biggrin: Its a sense of accomplishment when you make something with your own hands and it does what is suppose to. Now im hooked I actualy dismanteld my dead bolt so i can practice without being outside (its snowing here) in portland, OR. Thanks again for your advice, I think i found my new favorite forums.:smile:

No worries, it was all you. Good job and have fun with it. You can learn a lot from it.

#10 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

Have you ever bumped before?

You went a bit deep on cuts 3 and 5. 1 is just a tad bit high. 2 and 4 are where they need to be.

You messed up on the shoulder.

Google search "Kwikset Bump Key" and click "Images". Replicate what you see as close as you can. There are multiple high resolution images that you can use for references.

Good advice, yeah using "Google Search" you can take good idea from there with lots of relevant images
Sandy