• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 winxcl

winxcl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hello everybody, i was interested in making a bump key for the american locks so i decided to take apart the lock to get a first hand glimpse of how a lock truly works. But when I opened it up, I accidentally forgot to keep an eye on the cylinder of key pins and they spilled out. There is apparently two key pins for each slot, maybe for a master key to use.

So now i have 10 key pins and 5 driver pins and not much idea on how to put it back together.

There are two driver pins that are ribbed, are those the things that prevent a lock from being bumped?

There are also two key pins that are red, so any idea on why this is so?

There is a zip of the files. Sorry I know its kinda image file but i tied to be as specific as possible with the pictures

Here is the link http://rapidshare.co...ctures.zip.html

Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks everyone!

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

Is it possible to simply attach the files to the board ?

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 locksmith673

locksmith673

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

i take apart locks 4 fun so listen up yo need to remove the key hole it self . do this by taking the black u shapped ring off the back of the lock. then remove the poking out metal thing sense you already took out the pins remove the key hole. stick the Orinagle key in the key hole then take the 5 pins that are difrent sizes (that means that 5 are the same size) any way put key in then fittle around with the key hole and pins until they are flush with the top of the key hole. then insert back into lock. open the meatl rectangular thing on top. take out any springs that might be there then put in the remainging 5 pins THAT are the same size and put springs on top then put the meatle cover back on. repalce the metal pockey outy thing on the back of they lock that hooks to the black U ring. then after that put the U ring back on. and now have your lock back.

btw: this is all so how u re key locks :o

#4 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

i take apart locks 4 fun so listen up yo need to remove the key hole it self . do this by taking the black u shapped ring off the back of the lock. then remove the poking out metal thing sense you already took out the pins remove the key hole. stick the Orinagle key in the key hole then take the 5 pins that are difrent sizes (that means that 5 are the same size) any way put key in then fittle around with the key hole and pins until they are flush with the top of the key hole. then insert back into lock. open the meatl rectangular thing on top. take out any springs that might be there then put in the remainging 5 pins THAT are the same size and put springs on top then put the meatle cover back on. repalce the metal pockey outy thing on the back of they lock that hooks to the black U ring. then after that put the U ring back on. and now have your lock back.

btw: this is all so how u re key locks :o

Well done. using you technique make the whole work of making bump key very easy. Thanks for sharing
Sandy