• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shock130

shock130

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

I made my own bump key out of a SC 20, It works great on my house and shed, bumped them both within 3 tried each (first time ever bumping locks). Anyways, I made the key for my buddys apartment at college. He is in a 2 bedroom apartment, and they put locks on the individual doors. and he is the only one in the apartment, so i want to get into the room, to be able to sleep on a bed :)

Anyways the lock is one of those interchangible core ones i think (I dont know jack about locks) and to unlock the door, you have to twist the key to open the door, not the knob (once u open the door u can unlock the knob. So is it possible to bump this lock? any hints on how i can do this. I spent about an hour trying to bump the lock, tried putting it out one notch, i cut off the tip and shoulder some to do the minimal movement or whatever, and i cannot seem to get this door open!?!!??

Thanks!

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

I made my own bump key out of a SC 20, It works great on my house and shed, bumped them both within 3 tried each (first time ever bumping locks). Anyways, I made the key for my buddys apartment at college. He is in a 2 bedroom apartment, and they put locks on the individual doors. and he is the only one in the apartment, so i want to get into the room, to be able to sleep on a bed :)

This might be considered breaking and entering!! We can not assist with questions of this nature. :brickwall:

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Schneider

Schneider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

This seems like you are trying to open someone else house and that is not like practicing the bumping.
Schneider
NYC Locksmith