3 replies to this topic

#1 Vistro

Vistro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but... well, I have two

Since 7:30 this morning I have been at it with at least 5 keys, all Schlage. They are about to open a door that is inside my house, so it shouldn't be all bump-proof and everything.

Anyway, stupid question number one: The minimal movement is the one where you file the bit off the end, right? I've done that, and It's been no use.

Also, I can't, for the life of me, make all of my peaks the same, they are always crooked.

I would gladly send in pictures of all of my keys (and all of them but one have somthing wrong with them that they will never work) if it would help any.

#2 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

It sounds like you've taken the bumpkey idea and ran with it until the chain around your neck was taught. Maybe you should focus on technique. With your last post it makes it very hard to post anything that will help.

Don't think that you can buy all this stuff and open every lock the key fits into.
Bump first and ask questions later.

#3 locksmith673

locksmith673

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

Tenchion 0.o

#4 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

Seems like you need to practice on making peaks - use constant pressure and always go slow while filing. The filing is the most important part in bumping so practice more and more on that also.
Sandy