• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evander1989

evander1989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

I hate all those internet videos that show people bumping locks and how easy it is, especially the ones of little 10 year old girls able to do it when I can't even do it, its not easy at all like how it looks, I don't know what I'm doing wrong the only reason I can come up with is how hard or not hard I'm hitting the key, but you think after 100 trys I'd be able to bump it using all different strengths on hitting it from not hard at all to banging the heck out of it even tried copying how hard the locksmiths hit the key, still no result, I've done the pull out method leaving out a notch and pressing my finger on the key so when I hit it I can turn it right away, still doesn't work, now this applies to all locks, I've bought the 18 piece set and the brockhage bump hammer for three months now after the first week i gave up completely but now I'm back and still nothing works, I try not to practice on other locks, only my master lock, because I don't want to break or harm the key in anyway if I practice it on a door lock, please tell me there's someone having the same problem or had the same problem because it's driving me crazy how everyone can do it and not me I even resulted to lock picking but that takes too long at least longer than a bump key, well not in my situation anyways, but what i've seen.

I'd appreciate someone helping me thanks

#2 exidez

exidez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

same situation. bought the 11 key bump key set last year some time and still working on my technique! After a long break of coarse.
after a week of getting them I managed to do it a couple of times on this one lock. then i put some graphite lubricant in the lock and now i cant do it at all!

I have tried the pull out method and tough guy method and i always manage to get 4 pins out of the five. I can hear 4 pins drop when i release tension on the key. Its always that one pin!

#3 locksmith673

locksmith673

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

less torque and btw when u hear 4 pins drop that doesnt mean that you got 4 pins that just means they are pushed up... they might be pased the shire line :P
remember Less Is More <----- (stolel from some dude i for got the name to)

#4 Creo

Creo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

Pretty fresh on this key bumping. What I have figured out this far is on deadbolt locks, if you just rest your finger alongside the key, and almost at the same time as you bump the key, apply pressure, it will work. If you apply pressure while trying to bump, no good. As far as Master locks, apply pressure the whole time, and they will go. GOOD LUCK!!

#5 locksmith673

locksmith673

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

ill keep that in mind Creo o.0

#6 Schneider

Schneider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

The whole bumping process depends upon various things. I think first of all the key which you are using should be filed properly and secondly the method you are using. Well I think its related with practice also, more practice more learning. Using continuous pressure on Master Lock will work and for others using minimal movement method.
Schneider
NYC Locksmith