Photo
- - - - -

Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin DEAD...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your thoughts on Mr Irwin? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What are your thoughts on Mr Irwin?

1. He's a great guy, he will be missed... (6 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. He's a crazy fucker who finally got what he was looking for... (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. He was a few hammers short of a toolbox...but will still be missed (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. He deserved it. (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:58 AM

I saw the news late last night that Mr Irwin was barbed fatally by a -- get this -- sting-ray...

Apparently, he was swimming near his homeland, filming a documentary, when he pissed off a sting-ray, who had no qualms about stabbing him in the chest.

I, for one, was a fan...I mean, who else is crazy enough to wrestle with 12-foot crocodiles on film? His psycho ass will be missed. I believe Animal Planet is going to run a super long marathon of his show.

#2 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:01 AM

It appears that there is video of the actual attack, and chances are it'll show up online soon...I'll be on the lookout. Word is it's pretty rough footage...

#3 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:04 AM

This is crazy simply because I went to Jamacia literally 2 weeks ago, and swam with wild stingrays. They told me they were harmless :-\

#4 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:15 AM

...apparently not...

#5 MrArsonal

MrArsonal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:01 PM

I think that he deserverd what he got. You play with fire, you're gonna get burned! I'm supprised it didn't happen sooner.

#6 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:33 PM

I'll won't say he 'got what he deserved' because he's only done good. He's only tried to educate people about the wild and wild animals.
It's like saying to a cop 'you choose to be a cop, you deserve to get shot.' The cop has a potential to get shot.. but definitely doesn't deserve it.
I will however say that it doesn't surprise me - and I too thought t would have happened sooner.

maybe a little extreme.. but you get the idea.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.