• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 certifiedlock

certifiedlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Schlage deadbolts give me the most trouble.
I tried the O ring method. After much experimentation I found the right size O ring. However they dont last long (after being bumped a few times).
So, I finally got a schlage to open. Then I did it four times in a row. I took a break. I tried again. four times in a row. GREAT! Right? Wrong. Now i can't do it at all. I'm a locksmith. I have lots of locks (used) to practice on. I can't seem to replicate that lucky moment. Is it possible that too much bumping of the same lock can make it harder to bump after a while?
I've tried every possible thing you've mentioned. Schlages are killing me.Help.

#2 locksmith673

locksmith673

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

well yes actuly i am just 15 but i know alot about locks and i do know that Bumping the same lock over and over again will eventuly break the lock.. sorry bud but if that was your fav lock to bump you may have broke it... or just made it realy hard to bump.. i would take it apart and see if you can fix it up a bit... mabey replace the springs and pins or some thing... Happy bumping

#3 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:26 AM

That exactly happens to me many times. Bumping on same lock will make it harder to bump due to wear and tear in the pins.
Sandy