• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abby

abby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

What type of Bump Key would I use for a round lock like this?

Posted Image

http://www.gekgo.com...und-padlock.jpg

Also I was trying to copy some original keys and the locksmith refused them just because they have numbers on them (and he said the size was weird).

I'm guessing it would use some type of master key one since they make a very similar product.

It's also possible maybe it won't work because these locks don't let you take the key out when it opens you have to close it before the key will be able to come out and you can only close it by turning the key.

Any advice?

#2 abby

abby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

I just found out the correct name is "Disc" not round.

It looks like they are mainly 4 and 5 pin tumblers, and the reason I am not sure if a bump key would work is because the key needs to turn all the way before u can take it out... anyone know?

#3 bumplock

bumplock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

If the key is right it would work.... if you are really good. Spool drivers and other types are found in a wide range of disk type locks to slow down picking. It doesn't help in bumping.

#4 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:55 AM

If the key is right it would work.... if you are really good. Spool drivers and other types are found in a wide range of disk type locks to slow down picking. It doesn't help in bumping.

Wouldn't it always work if you're really good.
Bump first and ask questions later.

#5 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

I have this type of old lock and tried once and I think its pretty tricky to bump that. I used same techniques many time but it worked sometimes and sometimes not. I think I am missing something.
Sandy