• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JNCR

JNCR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

Can anyone help me, I am in need of a blank for a Best lock that uses a TD gateway. I looked all over the internet and I have not found anything.

Even better would be a place where I could find a pre-made bump key.

Any help would be appreciated.
~JNCR

(for reference look here: www.jmcsecurity.net/pdf/BestKwy.pdf)

#2 WOT

WOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

http://www.locksmith...00&pn=JT-1A1TD1

#3 JNCR

JNCR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Thanks a lot. I know how to cut an already made key into a bump key, but what about a blank? How do I space the valleys?

JNCR

#4 WOT

WOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:23 AM

Thanks a lot. I know how to cut an already made key into a bump key, but what about a blank? How do I space the valleys?

JNCR

click for fullsize
Posted Image

If it's someone else's lock and you don't have permission don't do it. You might punch out the ass end and break the lock.

(click each image to view in full size)
Posted Image

Posted Image

The lock will cease to function correctly and not that you should have to be concerned, but the core requires a special control key to remove it and once removed evidence of bumping damage will be very obviously to the locksmith repairing the lock.

Edited by WOT, 03 June 2008 - 05:28 AM.

#5 JNCR

JNCR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

Thanks. It is my lock, and I can risk puncturing it. I have a shed with a best padlock on it and I lost the key. I am a moderately good picker, yet I cannot pick it. If bumping it does not work, I will just have to buy another cutter. The ironic thing is, the cutter that I already have is in the shed that is locked :\ .

Justin

#6 WOT

WOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

I think it's cheaper to buy a bolt cutter than it is to buy minimum quantity + shipping on TD blanks then take the time to make the bump key.

#7 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

I think it's cheaper to buy a bolt cutter than it is to buy minimum quantity + shipping on TD blanks then take the time to make the bump key.

Yeah I am agree with you - its really cheaper to buy a bolt cutter. I recently purchased one for me and its very convenient working with it.
Sandy