• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zachary

Zachary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:29 PM

After recieving crappy keys from another source I bought the set of 5 from bumpkey.us and I have a question. Out of the 5, which ones need to be filed? I'm not sure if the M1 Key would need to be or not

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

As far as I know, all of them would need to be filed. I may be wrong though

#3 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:56 AM

Kristic's right--all of them need to be filed.

#4 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:04 PM

Kristic's right--all of them need to be filed.

yup, yup---

It's illegal to sell modified keys and ship them through the mail.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#5 mofomikeman

mofomikeman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:52 PM

What do you mean by file the keys? I am quite new to this type of lock picking, and since I have purchased a set of 5 then I would like to know how to make them work, and would like to know what kind of equipment I will need.

Are these keys simply blanks? If this is the case then there is a huge amount of miscommunication from the admin.

#6 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

What do you mean by file the keys? I am quite new to this type of lock picking, and since I have purchased a set of 5 then I would like to know how to make them work, and would like to know what kind of equipment I will need.

Are these keys simply blanks? If this is the case then there is a huge amount of miscommunication from the admin.

Check out http://www.bumpkeyfo...wtopic.php?t=47

All the info you need to know.

The keys come cut to the deepest manufactures depths... NOT Blanks

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#7 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

people need to actually look at the forum before asking questions......

#8 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:44 PM

The keys I sell don't get the tips modified, but not for legal reasons, it's unnecessary. We use the tip as the first peak, thus elimnating the need for modification. Problem solvedish
Things are different though in the UK. I wonder if US locks makes this unworkable?
spam all day long.

#9 xero

xero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:45 AM

Is it required to shave the shoulder before using? And if so, can a simple nailfile work?

#10 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:04 PM

well you dont NEED to... that is if you are gonna use the pull out method... if u wanna use the minimal movement method then ull need to find the file somewhere in this forum... (search for it) and follow its instructions...

i suggest you dont use a nail file... use a triangular file from a hardware store or something its usually cheap to get one..
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...