• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

I would like to know what others use instead of the hammer's, that worked good for them.

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

On this board people have suggested using high heels, belt buckles, rubber attached to a hacksaw blade and a butt end of a screwdriver to just name a few.
So, as you can see there's no limit to what you can use. Personally, if i don't have a hammer handy i'll just use the butt end of a screw driver as my high heels don't match my work outfit.:banana:

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

thanks for the reply SlickJ aw thats to bad about those high heels lolz!

#4 vicvelcro

vicvelcro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

My favorite tool is anything I can get my hands on NOW and get the job done.

Things I've used today:
cigarette lighter, screwdriver handle, cell phone, sharpie (black), pocket knife, a silver dollar, another key, my iPod, cigarette case, a USB thumb drive, tin of altoids mints, can of soda (Mt. Dew), Palm PDA, fork, can of tuna, digital camera, battery from my dremel, and my roommate's forehead.

Other things that have worked:
lug nut from my vehicle, cigarette roller, cd case (end on blow, not flat), tube of athlete's foot cream, frozen pot pie, ice cube, AA battery, AAA battery, LED flashlight, frozen snickers bar, garage door opener, sunglasses (Bolle), my finger, neighbor's wife's bra strap (snapped it), neighbor's kid's baby bottle (empty), a beer bottle (full at the time then I emptied it manually and tried it that way too), pack of cigarettes (marlboro box), barbeque tongs, paper back book (spine), disc padlock, Gameboy Advance cartridge, a police officer's handcuffs, bottle of cologne (drakar noir), my ex-wife's 6 inch electric midget poolboy substitute (that's an adult toy so don't ask unless you are older than 8), wooden spoon (well it was right next to the midget), soy sauce bottle (kikoman 20 some odd ounce), empty 35mm film container, rod that opens and shuts my window blinds, can of butane (ronson), xacto knife handle, microwave magnetron, ibuprofen (kroger 50 ct bottle), and more that I just can't think of right now.

Things that didn't work for me (ymmv):
hot dog, squishy hershy bar (no almonds), the neighbor's wife, empty soda can, kitchen sponge (thawed or frozen), toothpaste tube (travel size colgate), plastic picnic spoon, pocket note pad (20 sheets still in it), hotel card key, empty cigarette pack (marlboro box), baseball cap (probably because I tried it after having had much to drink), disposable coffee cup (Caribou Coffee lg), sugar packet (white and raw), wooden coffee stir stick, and other silly things you'd only try while under the influence of something.

There, how's that for an answer to your question? And how's that for my first official post?
If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or
take any action in reliance on it.

All warnings about tools, batteries, and electricity apply. If you want to get hurt you'll find a way.

The 'powers that be' rely on 99% of us knowing nothing, and the last 1% being too scared to talk about it.

DO NOT: Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate this electronic communication.

#5 scottmccart

scottmccart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

just going to Big Lots and buying an 8 oz. rubber mallet for 99 cents.

I would like to know what others use instead of the hammer's, that worked good for them.

You can bump your friends and you can bump your locks but can you bump your friend's locks? :rolleyes:

#6 Lock picker

Lock picker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

just going to Big Lots and buying an 8 oz. rubber mallet for 99 cents.

That's what I use. I use a rubber mallet. It works great.

Step up to the next level of Bumping.
Are you ready?

#7 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

On this board people have suggested using high heels, belt buckles, rubber attached to a hacksaw blade and a butt end of a screwdriver to just name a few.
So, as you can see there's no limit to what you can use. Personally, if i don't have a hammer handy i'll just use the butt end of a screw driver as my high heels don't match my work outfit.:banana:

Yeah that's true that there is no limit to what you can use. its really a great advice to use butt end of a screw driver as a hammer.
Sandy