• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Death's Head

Death's Head

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

Just some the video on bumping and it caught my attention. I think this would be a very useful technique in an emergency situation.
Anyways, I see that there are bump hammers for sale, but about all the videos I have seen has used a screwdriver or other rigid object. So my question is, do I need a bump hammer, or should I just practice with a screwdriver?

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:50 AM

I heard it helps. One of the big techniques is the force of the hit, and the hammers will help you perfect that. Are they needed? Nope. Are they somewhat handy, yeah.

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

I heard it helps. One of the big techniques is the force of the hit, and the hammers will help you perfect that. Are they needed? Nope. Are they somewhat handy, yeah.

What he said. Actually down to a "T".

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

I have personally never used a tomahawk. I've become increasingly happy with a screwdriver with a plastic handle. I have heard the Tomahawk makes it easier, but hey, what can I say, I'm stuck in my ways...

#5 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, ive been trying to get a tomahawk for the convienience (though i have had plenty of success with the handle of a paint scraper :) )

#6 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:41 AM

One thing I know is that Tomahawks are totally illegal to ship via USPS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO IT! You can get in a decent amount of trouble over something that is totally not worth it. If you find someone who sells them, make sure they ship via UPS or FedEx(or some other non-governmental firm)

#7 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:40 AM

good to know

#8 bumpme

bumpme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

i use wood from hammer

#9 MrArsonal

MrArsonal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hammer is always necessary:

Posted Image

#10 smiley

smiley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

if anyone has anymore thoughts about this you could check out my topic in the other forum.

http://bumpkeyforum....topic.php?t=184

in summary i have bumped with metal wrenches, metal "C" clamps, shoes, spray paint cans, ANYTHING!! its all in how you do it.

#11 Trakgalvis

Trakgalvis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:45 AM

Only a tiny bump is needed if the key is just right:

http://www.bumpkeyfo...topic.php?t=212

A tiny finger tap is all that is needed.

#12 bumpinlegand

bumpinlegand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:00 PM

i will say that my sucess rate has increased dramatically since i got the hammer.

#13 Seph965

Seph965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:45 AM

One thing I know is that Tomahawks are totally illegal to ship via USPS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO IT! You can get in a decent amount of trouble over something that is totally not worth it. If you find someone who sells them, make sure they ship via UPS or FedEx(or some other non-governmental firm)

Thanks! Good to know. Also I usually use a rubber coated screwdiver handle as a bumping hammer.

#14 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:44 AM

Most of the time I also use back side of rubber coated screwdriver as hammer and it works fantastic.
Sandy