Photo
- - - - -

What does Bumpkeys.us us to cut it's keys?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yoyoboy

yoyoboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

I'm just wondering what you guys use to cut your keys? Blitz, blue punch, etc?
Does anyone have experience with cutting bump keys on an ITL 9000? I'm wondering because it likes to widen out the flats at the bottom of the cuts, and I'm wondering if this affects how well the keys work.
Thanks

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

Greetings,

We have and use an Ilco Universal II... Hope this answers your question ;)

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 WOT

WOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

I'm just wondering what you guys use to cut your keys? Blitz, blue punch, etc?
Does anyone have experience with cutting bump keys on an ITL 9000? I'm wondering because it likes to widen out the flats at the bottom of the cuts, and I'm wondering if this affects how well the keys work.
Thanks

You have one of the nicest, most versatile machines out there.

Different lock types require different slope angle and flat width. Most code machines use a "this will do good enough" cutting wheel, which is usually the 100 0.045" for regular door locks and a thinner one like CW-1011 for car keys and padlock keys.

They'll originate working keys for most locks, but not necessarily the 100% proper factory specs.

The cutting wheel looks like \_/ this and the angle and the bottom is unique to each type.

I think the ITL uses a side milling slotter that looks like || and control the carriage movement with servo to allow you to adjust the width and the angle.

The Universal II is basically a HPC-1200 wannabe that works just like it.