• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

Since i really dont know much about Schlage i wanted to know which to buy from the store that is bumpable to test out my keys ive found these hopefully someone can tell me if they are

Posted Image - Heavy Duty Residential/Light Duty Commercial B360 series

The B360 Maximum Security Deadbolt-Series, with a dual 2 3/8" (60 mm) or 2 3/4" (70 mm) backset, features hands-free installation and a 1" (25 mm) throw deadbolt, with a concealed hardened steel roller to prevent cutting or sawing the bolt. A concealed spin ring rotates to protect against wrenching the cylinder. Solid brass 5 or 6 pin cylinders are assembled with pick resistant pins for added protection and durability. Solid steel door frame reinforcer with 3" screws protect against kick-in attack

Posted Image - NEW Accent Collection deadbolts
Low profile - Only projects 3/4" off door.

Heavy Duty Residential/Light Duty Commercial BA360 series

ANSI A156.5, 2001, Grade 2 auxiliary lock Deadbolt:1" x 2 1/4" square corner, 7/8" housing diameter, 1" throw with Triple-Option™ radius round corner and circular drive-in faceplates. 3” screws and steel door frame reinforcers; provides maximum protection against violent forced-entry attacks

Concealed screws. Solid one-piece deadbolt design with 1” deadbolt and hardened steel core; resists sawing and protects against hammer and crowbar attacks

And would i be able to use the Special SC20 Key on them?

Ok so bumpkeys does not sell them filed and what not but is it really needed to file it or can it work without?

lol sorry for double posting but i cant edit, fileing is only needed when minimal movement is used so sorry guys for the spammish.

Nevermind im guessing i would have to pull out 2 clicks since its for 6 pins.

#2 Kmo917

Kmo917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

lol, yeah, only file the key if you prefer the minimal movement method. I myself am a little skeptical the special SC20 key actually being able to open ANY schlage lock. If it fits into the keyholes, however, I suppose it will work; can anyone confirm that the special schlage key really does work with any schlage lock?

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:56 PM

The Schlage SC-19 (5 pin) and SC-20 (6 pin) do in fact fit into about 11 different keyways... don't make me get my book out to quote an exact number.. it's alot.
It works by the key being alot skinnier than a 'normal' key thus it fits into a wide variety of Schlage locks. I know there was a picture on here of the actual groove \ key somewhere -- have a search.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

Well only way to find out is when i get my SC20 and try it on a 5pin Lock :)

#5 WOT

WOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:13 AM

If it's a SC1 (or SC5, a 6pin version of SC1) by all means, use the SC1 or 5, as they're commonly available.

The SC20 can actually bend and snap on long-edge.

#6 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

The Schlage SC-19 (5 pin) and SC-20 (6 pin) do in fact fit into about 11 different keyways... don't make me get my book out to quote an exact number.. it's alot.
It works by the key being alot skinnier than a 'normal' key thus it fits into a wide variety of Schlage locks. I know there was a picture on here of the actual groove key somewhere -- have a search.

Thats a very useful information you provided. I searched for the image but unable to find, so could you please help me to find that.
Sandy