• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yellowbus

yellowbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:26 AM

Hi, is there a way to bump using kw-10 when you're supposed to use kw-1? because I'm missing the kw-1 in the 11-set and it's gonna take a few weeks to request it. Kw-10 has 6 pins instead of 5, so it doesn't go all the way into the lock.
Also, I noticed Ar-1 and Ar-4 also fits into this lock, although the lock clearly says kwitset. Would these work too?
Sorry, I haven't been able to bump one lock yet, so it's hard for me to see these for myself.

#2 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:52 AM

damn when did you order your keys with what service USPS? i still haven't got mine :(

#3 yellowbus

yellowbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:13 AM

um, normal service, and it took like 2 weeks to process

#4 yellowbus

yellowbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:04 AM

bump..........

#5 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

yeah im pretty sure you can bump using a KW10, a question it took 2 weeks to process but in total how many weeks did it take to actually receive the keys?

have you tried not applying to much tension? because Kwikset locks need little tension i suggest while you have the key in the lock with your thumb slightly push in the direction where you would open the lock normally if you had the key for it and then tap it not to hard if your applying the right amount of tension then the key should move to the direction your setting the tension to and unlock the door.

#6 yellowbus

yellowbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:14 AM

will try that. But I don't need to mold it or file it or anything like that, right?
Do you know if the bumpkeys from peterson and bump-j.com need filing at all?

#7 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:38 AM

Well post pictures on here if you think they need work and someone with high exp with bumpkeys will tell you if they need anything done because im pretty sure bumpkeys does a good job on cutting them from what i hear.

#8 Pin Tumbler

Pin Tumbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

I ordered on 1/31/08 and showed completed on 2/08/08.. arrived in teh mail today postmarked 2/7/08... 14 days for Fl to Ca... Mr. Zip took a nap along the way.
PT