• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lostwithoutabeat

lostwithoutabeat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

I went into a local locksmith shop in houston this afternoon with the intent of buying a new lock to demonstrate bumping on to my Neighborhood Watch Group. I was very honest with the owner of the store and said that I was going to be bumping the lock for a demonstration and that I wanted a new Schlage deadbolt for that purpose. Instead of freaking out at the mention of bump keys the guy asked me if I had any experience lockpicking, I said yes and we got to chatting. To make a long story short we talked for about forty-five minutes and when we finished he not only gave me a BA-360 for about half off, he cut me the bump key himself AND offered me a job working the counter with the possibility of apprenticeship if I worked out. All thanks to bumping! :biggrin:
Anywho that pretty much made my day and I wanted to share :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

If you're not out for B&E, I've found that bumping offers a wide range of opportunities... I have a couple stories very similar to yours. :)

The locksmith that I currently do contract work for copied my set of hand crafted keys to distribute to his techs... and in exchange, I got a job.

#3 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

That is a great incident that you are offered with a job. It is because you have experience and this is what bumping is all about - experience.
Sandy