• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skinner927

skinner927

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

Sorry to bother everyone. I've gone through many websites and bump key sellers sites and I can't find what kind of key this is.

Here's the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

obviously it's a Sargent, but I can't find this key, not even blanks.

thanks for the help :D

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

O1007RG - high security Sargent keyway, and not something you'd want to be bumping. The key blanks are going to be difficult if you're not a locksmith.

#3 skinner927

skinner927

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

So, whats the reason that I wouldn't want to be bumping this key? Is the lock soft, keys easily stuck?

I appreciate the prompt answer, thanks for the help thus far. :cool:

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

Even with a well made key, your chances of success are very low... it's a well made, six-pin system with a large difference in depth between the highest and lowest cuts in the system.

Secondly, this is not a house key. It's part of a larger, higher security lock system, and it's probably not something that you personally own - see the identifier stamped on the back of the key. Just be aware that since bumping something that does not belong to you without permission is a crime, in conjunction with the fact that your chances of success are very low, it's not something that I would want to be bumping.

#5 skinner927

skinner927

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

Gotcha, thanks for the help.

It's a key for dorm rooms. A bunch of my friends keep loosing their key/forgetting to take it with/end up being locked out of their dorm do to a roommate leaving without knowing that they didn't have the key, blah blah, that kinda thing. I just figured I could help them out when something like that happened again.

thanks for the information, it was most helpful, I guess they'll just have to learn to keep track of their keys, haha. Thanks again! :biggrin: