• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anarchymicro

anarchymicro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:08 AM

I'm so excited, after much reading and video watching I filed 2 c4 keys and managed to get both of them to work :biggrin::biggrin:

I used a square file on its edge so there is basically a triangle where the pins sit and they are pretty pointy if you get what i mean like this vvvvv. What would be the best file to make a bump key with? I think i read that valleys like that are not the best to facilitate the pins or the kinetic action of bumping?

Now that I have managed to open a lock with a bump key I would like to practise and do it the best I can, so I will also look at buying a bump hammer (been using a steel brush with wooden handle to whack it). Could someone also recommend a place where I can buy a bump hammer either in Australia or somewhere that will ship to Australia? Thanks alot.

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:30 AM

Anarchymicro,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first bump....
First, I'd really like to see your finished key, if you don't mind posting that is... you can use a service like www.tinypic.com to host the images for free if you so desire.

And a bump hammer in Australia: no idea. I've found the best non-bump hammer is just my handy wood \ hard rubber screw driver handle.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 anarchymicro

anarchymicro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

Yeah I will upload it for you. I just have to borrow someones camera.

#4 jerzeycg

jerzeycg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:42 AM

Anarchymicro,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first bump....
First, I'd really like to see your finished key, if you don't mind posting that is... you can use a service like www.tinypic.com to host the images for free if you so desire.

And a bump hammer in Australia: no idea. I've found the best non-bump hammer is just my handy wood \ hard rubber screw driver handle.

Wait, you need a bump hammer, not just an ordinary hammer to bump a lock... sorry i'm a n00b at bumping still..

#5 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:01 AM

Wait, you need a bump hammer, not just an ordinary hammer to bump a lock... sorry i'm a n00b at bumping still..

Absolutely not! Pretty much any solid object can be used. Have a SEARCH and see what other users have suggested to use (i've seen reports of high heels, belt buckles, and screw drivers) as there is a wide array or objects that would work. :biggrin:

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#6 anarchymicro

anarchymicro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:50 PM

I've been using my glasses case, a roll of insulation tape, screwdriver handle, gyprock saw handle, or whatever is laying around and I can bump the lock over 90% of the time on my first try I would say with all of those. Glasses case is good, i can get it 10 or 20 times in a row no worries.
Bumping is so much easier then even using a pick gun for opening padlocks, usually takes me at least 30 seconds to open a padlock with a pick gun, and some padlocks seem to be a real bitch to open.