• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 killyour idols81

killyour idols81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

Hi, i am new to bumping and i was wondering how you knew which key to use on which lock. Are their names i am supposed to look at on the lock. i bought the 11 key set from bumpkey us.
thanks for helping me out.

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Most locks are easily identified by the name brand printed on the face of the lock. Those that lack identification or exist as clones under a different brand name can be identified by close study of the keyway. Check the KW1 and SC1 first for entry locks, as it's usually one of those two.

#3 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Yeah I agree that good knowledge of key-way is very helpful for identifying the locks

#4 kates123

kates123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Most locks are easily identified by the name brand printed on the face of the lock. Those that lack identification or exist as clones under a different brand name can be identified by close study of the keyway. Check the KW1 and SC1 first for entry locks, as it's usually one of those two.

Hey is there any smart way to study the keyway. so that such problems can be avoided.

#5 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

True enough.  The easier way to to take a picture of the key way and post it for us to see.  We can then take a look through our guides here to find you the proper key.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#6 Kaylee

Kaylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

The lock code will be stamped on the face of the lock core or key. Typically the lock code is alphanumeric, but it could consist of numbers only. Some lock codes will have a prefix and some will have a suffix attached to the numbers.

Toronto Locksmith Available 24/7

247torontolocksmith.com