Photo
- - - - -

Question about the spacing for cuttingkeys...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhreeX

PhreeX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:13 PM

To make this short, I just got a job where I am an apprentice for a locksmith -a locksmith with a code-cutting machine and every code card... so, I figured I would try to make my own key - a rare one not likely to be found online .... so I cut it ... bitting set to 9 and it looked great... but alas, it did not work in the lock... and not to blow my own horn, but I consider myself to be rather proficient with lock bumping ....

Then I remembered something I read about a slight off-set, so, I make an SC1 key and then compared it to the one I bought from bumpkey.us - alas, it does NOT LINE UP ....

Now rest assured, I am not about to open my own bump-key sales website, but I would like to make some of my own in my spare time, namely those no one is selling....

If anyone can give me some info on the proper spacing to get the cutting correct I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

//p
!

#2 PhreeX

PhreeX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

As I posted above, I have access to a code cutting machine, but when I simply cut a blank SC1 to 99999 it doesn't line up... I know that you need to slightly cut these off a bit, but if someone can explain how (the machine uses the cards) ..

If someone can help me I would gladly be willing to cut any key that may not be available online - I have access the machine but can't get the offset correct!

reply or msg me!

Thanks!

//p

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

sorry for the delay --

I'd suggest posting some pictures so we can get a better feel for what you're talking about:cool:

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.