• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bekncall

bekncall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:23 PM

We all know that Bumpkey.us is the place on the net to get keys, but what about hammers? I have done a search and found only one place selling a Tomahawk knockoffs and they had some strange worded disclaimer that made me a bit off ease about ordering from them. Yes I have built some and have used everything from a wooden spoon to a reflex hammer and have had a blast. About the only thing I have yet to use is a "real" hammer and think it is time to order myself one.
I invite you to check out my blog BEK-N-Call, a very unique multi topic blog:

#2 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:32 AM

Search "the holy tomahawk," you should find my information. I still have the extra one, but you're a long way from me.
Bump first and ask questions later.

#3 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

Well, it is a new year. We still bang hammers down here in the south. Although, my extra hammer has gone. In this thread I would love for EVERYONE to simply reveal their favorite hammer, or what have you. I think this would be a great way to compare techniques and learn new ones.
Bump first and ask questions later.

#4 michaellee

michaellee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

All kinds of things can be improvised for a hammer. Try a screwdriver, a small piece of plywood. Anything with a rubber, plastic, or wood tip.

Edited by Customer Support, 02 June 2008 - 03:35 AM.
removed outside link

#5 WOT

WOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

All kinds of things can be improvised for a hammer. Try a screwdriver, a small piece of plywood. Anything with a rubber, plastic, or wood tip.

Try 20 oz or 500mL wide mouthed plastic bottle, like the one from 6 pack propel. The neck is too fat on anything larger.

Hold by the body and bump with the lid. It has just the right elasticity. I like it better than my Brockhage. Instead of using a large mass, I hold the bottle by the butt, then with a flick of wrist, I accelerate the tip very fast, then wham.

Edited by WOT, 03 June 2008 - 03:22 PM.

#6 bayarealocks

bayarealocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

I might consider selling one if the price was right. I have genuine Tomahawk bump hammers imported from the gentleman who makes them over in Europe.

Any offers?

Thanks,

Dennis McEntire
Bay Area Locks

#7 bayarealocks

bayarealocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

Forgot to attach an image of the current generation hammers. I am not really looking to sell any at this time, but I might consider one or two if the price was right.

I specialize in bump-safe locks

Thanks,

Dennis McEntire
Bay Area Locks

#8 locksmith673

locksmith673

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

i wish i could grab one of thoes through the screen :/...

#9 JasonTheKey

JasonTheKey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

lockpicks dot com is the place to get bump hammers. they have both brockhage and the tomahawk there is a disclaimer but theres no verification of being a certified locksmith or whatever.

Edited by JasonTheKey, 12 February 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#10 df99

df99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

Heres my incarnation of the homemade bump hammer. I used a short length of transmission oil cooler tubing as a handle. The tubing is stiff enough that if flattened slightly with a book, the hacksaw blade slips right on. Releasing the somewhat stiff tubing causes it to return to its original shape, gripping the teeth of the hacksaw securely. It will not slip.

The stoppers were at my Ace hardware in the section where they sell loose nuts and bolts (in slide-out boxes).

This thing works great. It revealed to me just how little controlled force is required to bump a lock. The force can be controlled by varying the swing and positioning ones thumb at various points along the exposed portion of the hacksaw blade.

It is important to get the screw perfectly centered in the stopper. A trick I used was to trace around the wide side of the stopper, cut out the circle of paper, and fold it in half at different points twice. The point where the creases intersect is the center. Use the paper as a template and mark the center of the stopper by pressing the pointed sheet metal screw through the paper into the stopper.

Attached File  IMG_0348.jpg   75.83KB   24 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0349.jpg   71.84KB   21 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0350.jpg   54.63KB   18 downloads

Edited by df99, 28 May 2009 - 09:54 AM.

#11 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:31 AM

lockpicks dot com is the place to get bump hammers. they have both brockhage and the tomahawk there is a disclaimer but theres no verification of being a certified locksmith or whatever.

Yeah, I also ordered from lockpicks dot com. I ordered tomahawk from there and got one within two weeks.