• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chorbats

chorbats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

I never thought that my bumping locks would come into use, but the other day at my job. I had a situation were this skill was put to some good. A fellow employee was terminated and emptied out there locker at work, but left his locker with the master locked still engaged. My supervisor played hell trying to get the master lock off with no prevail. In less than 10 seconds I was able to bump the lock. You should have seen the surprise on his face for he had never heard of a bump key. O well, I guess I am now known as "that guy". But it sure was fun to get a new lock and not have to pay for it.

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

When you're using bumping for good, it is very nice to eventually become "that guy". ;)

#3 gopostal

gopostal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

I'll throw a pretty good lock story in too. I am new to bumping but I have made my own picks for several years. I had just ground a fresh scrubber out of a bike spoke and left it in my car to show a fellow enthusiast. To make a long story short my kid was put into the hospital that evening for observation (she has respiration problems). When we were in-processing into the room I noticed that the charge nurse was really tense. I pulled her aside and asked if there was something wrong with my kid. She told me that she had accidentally locked her keyring inside the drugs closet. Not only was the med rounds going to run late but she would have to call maintenance to get the door open and that would be a serious red flag for her. It took about 2 minutes to pick the lock ( a simple schlage) while she made sure no one was around. Needless to say we had anything we wanted that evening. I even came back from a canteen run and there was a playstation hooked up to the TV. I guess drug accountability is a biggie issue and it would have been serious trouble for her if she had reported it.
As an aside, let me tell you there is a freakin' walgreens in the drug closets! Wow, I've never seen so many meds in one spot. I guess that's why the keys are so tightly controled.