• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:30 AM

damnit.. got the M1 bumpkey (and 10-12 others) and I just cant bump the M-40.... Right key?Regular ole Master no prob.. cant do the M-40. what the hell am I doing wrong? Cant pick it for shit. Other Masters no prob.
Damn the M-40....(in a Steewy voice)
I watch the you-tube of this gut picking the 4- in seconds... cant do it... I got me some good picks 25/pc from lockpicktools.. oo and the rippled handle...Nice..
Let me know
Rob

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

It can be picked and/or bumped, and does not contain any spool pins or other fancy security devices.

The trick to these guys is the rather massive tension that is needed to actually operate the mechanism. Use the lock's key to get an idea of how much pressure you need - it is substantially more than other Master padlocks. Using this sort of pressure will not help you actually pick (or bump) the lock, however. You have to pick or bump it as per usual, and then apply the enormous pressure to turn the cylinder. The first few times you find success in picking this lock, you probably won't open it, as you won't realize the the cylinder is free to turn.

This being said, it is also possible that you have a lock that is pinned in a nasty fashion, and the No. 40 does take a slight modification in bumping technique, due to its rather awkward shape.

Best of luck!

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

Hey thanks for the info... ya got the keys from bumpkey.us
thanks for all the good info
Rob

#4 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

i found that it helped to turn the key back to the left after each failed bump attempt. this ensures that the pins reset.