• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:49 AM

Master lock has stepped it up a notch. I looks to me that it is specially designed to take more of the consumers money before master goes out of business.

http://www.bumpstopsecurity.com/

open it and click on cylinder technology to watch the video.
Bump first and ask questions later.

#2 razlex

razlex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:56 AM

well.... even IF this does make it harder to bump... i'm still confident i could pick this lock in under a minute :P

#3 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

Picking would be a quicker way to open it, but you would have to deal with the false set of that funky pin.
Bump it to the next level.

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

You could still use your trusty tennis ball...!

#5 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

You could still use your trusty tennis ball...!

t r u e d a t.

#6 razlex

razlex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:40 PM

mabey i'm wrong on this.... but it would seem that if your trying to pick that lock.... then the security pin wouldn't have the driver pin putting tension on it... so it would be VERY easy to tell which pin it was.... it would feel like a pin that has already been set..... so knowing that would give you a huge advantage and make picking it very easy

#7 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

I've grabbed hold of the horns and took the subject head on gentlemen. I started bumping a master 6121. (This appears to be the leader of the bumpstopers) It took about 25 tries and it opened. As I proceeded to bask in the glory, I found another 6121. This lock is un-bumpable. The same lock as before, I could here pins clicking everytime, but not opening. This lock will make me buy a set of picks.
To restore my confidence, I lined up master #1's and knocked them out. Then lined up six master #21's, adjusted my key and got through them. At this point I need to regroup on the 6121. Ideas?
Bump first and ask questions later.

#8 Gobias

Gobias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

what did you mean about the tennis balls?
ROUS's? I don't believe the exist.

#9 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:52 AM

what did you mean about the tennis balls?

http://www.bumpkeyfo...ght=tennis ball

watch the video, it is fake.

#10 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

I've grabbed hold of the horns and took the subject head on gentlemen. I started bumping a master 6121. (This appears to be the leader of the bumpstopers) It took about 25 tries and it opened. As I proceeded to bask in the glory, I found another 6121. This lock is un-bumpable. The same lock as before, I could here pins clicking everytime, but not opening. This lock will make me buy a set of picks.
To restore my confidence, I lined up master #1's and knocked them out. Then lined up six master #21's, adjusted my key and got through them. At this point I need to regroup on the 6121. Ideas?

i haven't had my hand on one yet, but i always thought if you used a hand cut bump key with larger than normal peaks, it might work better.

#11 TSAXX

TSAXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

i haven't had my hand on one yet, but i always thought if you used a hand cut bump key with larger than normal peaks, it might work better.

The peeks can almost be minuscule for a sucessful bump.

#12 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

mabey i'm wrong on this.... but it would seem that if your trying to pick that lock.... then the security pin wouldn't have the driver pin putting tension on it... so it would be VERY easy to tell which pin it was.... it would feel like a pin that has already been set..... so knowing that would give you a huge advantage and make picking it very easy

I am agree with you. getting the idea of correct pin is a big advantage in making picking easy.
Sandy