• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:16 PM

I'm new to sargent locks and I was wondering if anyone here has experience and willing to offer a few tips. I haven't tried bumping any yet, My bump keys are in route. If i can successfully bump multiple sargent locks these tools (keys) will be very helpful in my work. I have about 8000 of the locks to learn on.
Bump first and ask questions later.

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

The quick and dirty for Sargent: six pins, high performance, but no crazy bells and whistles. It's quite possible, just make sure your key(s) are finely tuned. Once you get it right, it takes a tiny tap and almost no tension. There are two workable masters, one for "left-handed" keyways, and another one for "right-handed" keyways. Like BEST locks, it's easier to use the exact key for the keyway, but my success rate with the masters for Sargents isn't terrible.

#3 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:05 AM

The quick and dirty for Sargent: six pins, high performance, but no crazy bells and whistles. It's quite possible, just make sure your key(s) are finely tuned. Once you get it right, it takes a tiny tap and almost no tension. There are two workable masters, one for "left-handed" keyways, and another one for "right-handed" keyways. Like BEST locks, it's easier to use the exact key for the keyway, but my success rate with the masters for Sargents isn't terrible.

good information, very helpful and relevant to some of the related issues.
Sandy