Photo
- - - - -

Anyone want to make a lockwood c4 bump key?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Pickwick

Pickwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:55 AM

I noticed Lockman used to be the person to talk to about this, but he does not seem to be around. Well, if someone can make one I'd be more than happy to pay. I'm located in Australia so if your from here that would be even better.

Thankyou.

#2 Pickwick

Pickwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:01 AM

If anyone wants to do this job, I would be willing to pay a very reasonable price for your services. I could also mail the uncut lockwood(Australia) C4 keys. So I just need someone with the skill and access to the machinery. No, locksmith I can find where I am will even consider cutting a key to 999 specification.

#3 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

PM me if making your own doesn't pan out and I'll see what I can do for you.

#4 aushy

aushy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:54 AM

Pickwick, did you find someone who could make the bump key for you? If so, who was it? I am interested in buying a c4 bump key aswell. Can anyone help me? Like pickwick, I'm also from Australia, so if any Australian's are willing to help then that would be great :smile:

#5 exidez

exidez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

i had ordered the 11 bump key set from this site (got a friend in the us to order and then sent it to me) and two of the keys seem to fit out lockwood locks. These are "KS1" and "DE6"

Can someone verify this???

I could bump an old lock with the DE6 key but now that i have added lubricant to it i cant do it anymore...... ?

Btw, as with the above posts...
is there anyone in Australia?

#6 anarchymicro

anarchymicro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:01 AM

I'm also after a C4 bumpkey in Australia. I have tried filing my own but to no avail. Thats why I would like to by a key that is known to work, then I go can from there.

#7 rangerdave1

rangerdave1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:38 AM

LOCKWOOD

SHOULDER TO FIRST CUT: .277''
CENTER TO CENTER: .156''

MACS: 7

ROOT BOTTOM MASTER
DEPTH PINS PINS
----- ------ ------
# 0 .320 .150
# 1 .305 .165
# 2 .290 .180 .030
# 3 .275 .195 .045
# 4 .260 .210 .060
# 5 .245 .225 .075
# 6 .230 .240 .090
# 7 .215 .355 .105
# 8 .200 .370 .120
# 9 .185 .385 .135

I found the specs for a lock wood which was archived on this site , but I have little idea on how to interpret them.

#8 jason_from_oz

jason_from_oz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:00 AM

I'm also looking for C4 keys... I have blanks, but my hand is not steady enough to file them... anyone having any luck?

#9 0VICE0

0VICE0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

I have a machine to make any keys even bump, I've even made a master key into a bump key. If anyone has knowledge or wants me to get them for them it will be a small price. I can make one with a larger tip and one with smaller tip (last triangle cut small and large like some keys).

Ive bumped locks, keys that are 5 pin key, bumped 6 pin, 6 pin key, bumped 5 pin. Just depends if it gives. The bump keys from the U.S are very different setup from ours, the lockwood lock is very tough requires alot of tension to it, because of the bolt turning action and the force to turn the latch on otherside thats why they are so hard to do on the door and easy in your hand.

I can cut any key, Ive copied my own bump keys incase I damage them and such.

I'm actually getting a very COMMON lockwood key cut in a couple days.

#10 eardor

eardor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

Do you think he still wants the key after 2 years?

#11 0VICE0

0VICE0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

If anyone else asks they see it instead of posting another thread, by the looks of it to no one in Australia I dont think has come up with lockwood key.

And not many post on these boards so when you search something and answer a question it bumps to the top again.

But yeh I've got a bump key for the lockwood. Copied a KW10, get a common lockwood key, cut it with 6 bumps, and cut back (using the side of the grinder) the tip down a little bit so it goes further in. And your done. Also shave a bit of neck the KW10 from bumpkeys has a massive neck that the machine wont edge past, cut another bump into it.

I've bumped (5 and 6 pin) around 20+ different locks with the same key and there all common locks. 15+ at least on doors and rest in my hand

And the rubber gromets, they are just WIRING GROMETS, and you can get them from any local hardware store or elect. store, a dollar for 3 of them.