• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djnukecp

djnukecp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

i explore abandoned buildings and by abandoned i mean almost to condemed is it possable to make keys like for a corbin russwin or sargent lock

#2 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:40 PM

i have my hands on a corbin russwin key, but i am not sure how to use the depth guide to know how far down to file. (someone told me in another post that there are many types of corbin russwin keys, so its best just to buy a lock, i just happened to have one)

#3 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

Sargent locks are easily defeated with picks, but the pins are resistant to bumping. The key to a Sargent lock is tension tools, not a bump key.

As far as Russwin's on the other hand, bump keys are awsome. The only problem you might run in to is finding one...

#4 smiley

smiley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

im in a similar poisition, i want to get past a sargent lock as well. what makes them resistant to bumping? are keys available anywhere so i can experiment?

im also pretty experienced with picking, but i like bumping, its the fun new hobby for me. :) im sure i would have no problem picking it, just like to try new things, also i haven't yet encountered a lock i couldn't bump(with proper tools).

any more opinions?

#5 lockman

lockman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

Going on the information you have supplied, in Australia that would be covered by:

Break & Entry
Being Illegally on the Premises

And if you are successful in getting your keys:

Possession of housebreaking implements

And any other charges they can think of like following up on those who supplied you with keys/blanks/information and charging them as accessories.

Good one.