• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 claude

claude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

So my crafty uncle got all new doors, and all new locks. I told him that schlage locks aren't anything special, he said they're the best. So I want to show him how unsafe just "good" door locks are.

I am almost certain he got this schlage lock

http://consumer.schl...D=2&FunctionID=

with the matching door knob to go with it that also has a lock on it. So two locks, but I am assuming same lock in both the doorknob and deadbolt.

I put a SC4 in and it fit, but so did a SC1. I'm guessing its an SC1 since its residential. SC4 is 5 pin and SC1 is 5 pin?

You guys have any idea? I was going to go into home depot and ask them to tell me which blank key goes with the lock, think they'll do that? If I ask them to cut a blank to the deepest cut, 9, do they do that?

#2 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

I surfed a little, this lock looks like normal run of the mill schlage to me. The key is listed as a 5 pin tumbler that uses a c keyway. You may want to match what they call a c keyway to the key you have. I would be willing to bet it's the SC4 key. However I also ran across one ad that claimed it was "bump-proof," It was listed for 43 bucks, so I doubt that.
Bump first and ask questions later.