• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jasterin

jasterin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

I recently ordered a few keys from bumpkey.us and peterson's. Then I heard on some other forums that apparently peterson-international is very strict with who they will accept orders from. I haven't received anything so far other than the e-mailed receipt of the order, but I was just starting to wonder if maybe they're going to for some reason reject my order? There was one spot on the order form that asked for an affiliation with a locksmithing association, which I left blank, although it was optional, given that certainly not everyone is part of an association.

Does anyone have any experience ordering from them with success or failure?

#2 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

I've ordered from Peterson in the past. The are a strange group of people (in my opinion,) they require many things, but on occassion they let everything "slide." I can't determine if it is the companies account balance or the time of day, but they are a very irregular organization. I suggest dealing with a business on the up and up (bumpkey.us.)
I'm a straight shooter, if I need something and you can't deliver......Tell me up front, you can't deliver.
Bump first and ask questions later.

#3 govt1911

govt1911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

I ordered a couple bumpkeys and other locksmithing supplies from Peterson's that Bumpkey.us didn't offer. I emailed them before placing my order and explained who I was an why I wanted the items (hobby locksmith but also found my hobby to come in handy where I work). They emailed me back and said since it was shipping to a US military address in Iraq that they would have no problem with the order.
They were very fast and courteous. I don't know what other's experience is, just relating mine. If Bumpkey.us offered some other locksmithing products and supplies, I'd order everything from them. I've learned ALOT from this forum and locksmithing101.com.

#4 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

I also tried them once, and after their lots of query emails I got the shipment successfully. They do what they have to, all the queries are good and genuine because if keys are used for illegal activities then that is a problem is for them also.
Sandy