• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gobias

Gobias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

From reading around, I've noticed a lot of people saying how more and more people that run copy machines for keys are knowing what bump keys and their reputation. Is there any where that you can get copies made safely? Also where is the best place to get the highest quality of material used in a copy?

Thanks
Gobias
ROUS's? I don't believe the exist.

#2 Lock picker

Lock picker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

Just about anywhere at a hardware store would be fine. You could get as many as you'd like.

Thanks,
Lock picker

Step up to the next level of Bumping.
Are you ready?

#3 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Your best copy is gonna be a locksmith but they will recognize it in a split second. So as a suitable second place i would say either ACE or some mom and pop hardware store where they still use a manual duplicator... you'll get a quality dup and more than likely the person cutting it will have no idea what they have just copied.
You have a kwikset knob lock and no dead bolt on your doors and you think you can keep me out... aww thats so cute.

#4 Gobias

Gobias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:45 PM

I've ended up going to a couple of places, Lowe's Hardware store, and a Longs Drugs, both times copies were made without questions.

#5 redryan243

redryan243

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

i know its been said several times that wal-mart and home depot use axxess keys, and everyone says they are horrible quality. but what are the consequences of using them? how long will the key be good? and will it break off in the lock?

#6 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

Axxess keys:

1.) Look terrible.
2.) Lose their finish, occasionally shearing off pieces of the metallic coating in the lock you're bumping.
3.) Are made of a poor quality base metal, meaning that over-zealous bumping often results in broken keys, or at least abnormal wear on the cuts themselves making the key distorted and often unusable.

That, and even Axxess advertises that the keys are copied to working specifications only about 70% of the time. That's the trade-off for making the machine simple enough for a chimp to operate.

#7 Gobias

Gobias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

If Axxess is the bad company, what are some places that sell good quality keys, and what brand are the keys made of.

#8 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:27 PM

Most smaller hardware stores have quality duplicators.

As for brand... ILCO. Accept no alternatives.

#9 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

Look for an ACE hardware, they still use a manual duplicator, and ILCO blanks. By far the best alternative to a locksmith.
You have a kwikset knob lock and no dead bolt on your doors and you think you can keep me out... aww thats so cute.