3 replies to this topic

#1 Gobias

Gobias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

Hi all,
I've recently have taken an interest in lock picking, and came upon this site. I found it very interesting and highly considering buying some bump keys. However, I haven't come across anywhere on the site where it says you get the hammers. The "how to bump key" video says he's using the one you can buy on the site, yet I haven't found on yet. So, do the hammers come with the purchase of a key, or what?

Thanks

#2 govt1911

govt1911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

I've never bought one of the commercial bump hammers but have "built" several different types including hacksaw blades with rubber head screwed on, steel ruler with plastic head and a couple others.

I've found that a regular 6" blade plastic handled screwdriver works best for me. (mine's a Stanley).

The ones with the rubber sleeve over the plastic handle don't work very well for me, I guess the rubber absorbs some of the shock and doesn't pass it well to the key/pins.

#3 Gobias

Gobias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll look around the house for something to use. And from reading more, I've found it that alot of people are using everyday items, not necessarily the hammers
ROUS's? I don't believe the exist.

#4 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

a good sized screw driver always worked well for me. :biggrin:
You have a kwikset knob lock and no dead bolt on your doors and you think you can keep me out... aww thats so cute.