• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 govt1911

govt1911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:30 AM

Just wanted everyone here to know that I received my 11 key set today. I was pleasantly suprised that they arrived this quickly, due to all the posts I've read about it taking awhile for some people to get them.

I ordered them about 2 weeks ago and due to my current location (Iraq) and the U.S. Military mail system, I was expecting them to take at least another week or two. That they arrived so quickly tells me that bumpkey.us shipped them pretty quickly after receiving my order.

The keys themselves arrived packaged well, no damage or loss in shipment.

The only thing I can say bad about them is that a few of them still have some of the little metal "splinters" or whatever you call it from the cutting process. They haven't been run over a finishing wheel, but that's no problem at all as I have my Ilco key cutter here with me and I can run them over the finish wheel no problem. Even if I didn't have it here, I'm sure a quick brush with a wire brush would take care of it. It's only 3 keys out of the 11 anyway.

I wish I had some more locks here to try these out on, but most of the non-padlock type locks we have here are European, I guess. The few locks that I've found here that I have bumpkeys for worked well after a bit of practice.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with the keys I received and have no problem referring anyone else to them for any bumpkey needs.

Thanks SlickJ!

John

#2 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

We need to hear from you more. Please share with us how they are working on past month.

#3 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:32 AM

Interested in this as well XD although this post was posted many years ago *cross finger*

#4 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:38 AM

A curious question.. Im a beginner and so my knowledge about bump keys are limited. Why does it has to be a set of 11? Can I just get like 4 pcs of bump keys? sorry for the ignorance :-)

#5 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

A curious question.. Im a beginner and so my knowledge about bump keys are limited. Why does it has to be a set of 11? Can I just get like 4 pcs of bump keys? sorry for the ignorance :-)

I think it is because it would be better to buy the 11 key set because just one bump key is worth atleast $5 so when you buy 4 then that would be $20 but if you buy the 11 key set in bumpkey.us it would be less than $30 for 11 keys...that's a big discount...

#6 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:18 AM

I think it is because it would be better to buy the 11 key set because just one bump key is worth atleast $5 so when you buy 4 then that would be $20 but if you buy the 11 key set in bumpkey.us it would be less than $30 for 11 keys...that's a big discount...

Ahh.. ok.. Thanks LogiGoi :-)

#7 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:25 AM

There are many options though because there are also other sets like the more keys in the set the cheaper it will be...

#8 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

I was thinking of buying a few because I just want to use them just to try them. Out of curiosity :-) But maybe I should just try making myself a few.

#9 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:58 AM

I was thinking of buying a few because I just want to use them just to try them. Out of curiosity :-) But maybe I should just try making myself a few.

I'm sure both of them will be an effective way in order to become a pro bump key user...I'm actually planning to order too so that I can have a basis when I will make my own bump key...