• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alex62wp7c

alex62wp7c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:04 PM

Does bumpkey.us make american lock bump keys or does anyone kno how to make one. If anyone is willing to pass on an american lock bump key, plz pm me. The models for american lock i am talking about are the A700 and A702 and maybe even the AH10 which requires a 10 blade (no idea what that means so plz infrom me on that as well). Thankyou

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

It certainly is possible... a private message has been sent. :)

#3 govt1911

govt1911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:13 AM

I'm interested in American lock bumpkeys also. I use American 5200 series locks all the time at work, and I've attempted to make a bumpkey by taking about 15 various cut keys and cutting a blank using them as guides on my Ilco 027A manual key machine. I can open about 25% of the locks I've tried (tried around 30 different locks so far).
I'm new to bumping, have made several attempts at hand filing keys with varied success.
I ordered the 11 key set from this site and am awaiting their arrival.

I'm currently deployed to Iraq right now, so running down to the hardware store to get decent files just doesn't happen. LOL

If anyone has a decent bumpkey for the American 5200 series (JMA brand AME 1 blanks) I'd be willing to buy one or swap a copy of one of the bumpkeys I've got enroute when they get here.

Thanks

#4 govt1911

govt1911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

OK, found and ordered one, I'll report on it's quality (compared to the one I filed).

#5 hnkmaster

hnkmaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

It certainly is possible... a private message has been sent. :)

well hi there, Im bumping a american lock 5200, I have made over 10 bumpkey sets, and well i manage to open tem but damn, is like a 1 out of 100 chance and maybe it opens, any tips will be apreciated thanx.

#6 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

Make your peaks smaller. I had a terrible time with American locks until I reduced peaks such that they were barely making contact with the pins, and after that point my success rate went up from about 1:25 to 1:2. Heavier than normal turning pressure as well. (!)