Photo
- - - - -

How To Make BumpKeyForum.Com Even Better!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MontrealHomegrown

MontrealHomegrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Just though I would make this thread to add a few suggestions I have for your website and let others do the same. Im a new member (only been regestered about 5 days) but I've been reading through your site about 3-4 hours a day and alot of the content is very interesting an useful to me.
Just so you know I have been web designing/coding for a few months and I just though I would give you guys some input. :tongue:
Here are my suggestions...

-I think that it would be a great idea to add a small section on lockpicking,, bumping and picking are in the same family and it would be nice to have em both on the same website. Plus another advantage of doing so would be an increase in traffic, hey you could even start selling lockpicks to.

-PLEASE start shipping keys to Canada again, I really want a professional set!
I could get em off ebay, but I would much rather support your site.

-In the meantime could you please make a high quality video on how to file keys. You should maybe have a video tutorial section, I noticed alot of the vids and kinda poor quality. Get some HD vids guys!

Im not tryign to be to critical just trying to give an honest opinion that I think will really improve your website.

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:15 AM

-I think that it would be a great idea to add a small section on lockpicking,, bumping and picking are in the same family and it would be nice to have em both on the same website. Plus another advantage of doing so would be an increase in traffic, hey you could even start selling lockpicks to.

There has been some talk about this in another thread. And right now, we really don't want to compete with all the other lock picking forums out there. If the time comes where we have enough (and by enough, i mean a few hundred) members then we can look at it.

-PLEASE start shipping keys to Canada again, I really want a professional set!

We're working on it!!

-In the meantime could you please make a high quality video on how to file keys. You should maybe have a video tutorial section, I noticed alot of the vids and kinda poor quality. Get some HD vids guys!

Understood. New movies will probably not be released for at least a month, but we'll see about making new movies. Some movies we'd like to make are:
The steps that we do to actually create a key.
Filing down a key.

Im not tryign to be to critical just trying to give an honest opinion that I think will really improve your website.

I know!!! We do appreciate your input! If you have other suggestions PLEASE post them below.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 scott6003

scott6003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

These are all very good ideas. I had brought lockpicking in the past. There arn't enough active members to have a entire "lock picking" section. Hopefull in the feature this forum becomes even more active we can expand.

#4 MontrealHomegrown

MontrealHomegrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

Just got an idea.. what do you guys think about a live chat room? might be a good idea. For example I have a few questions about keys but I dont want to post a thread and have to wait.. if there was a live chat I could have a quick discussion about what I need to know.

#5 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:37 AM

I just wish the site was easier to navigate. It would be very difficult to change the format at this point though.

#6 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:02 AM

Just got an idea.. what do you guys think about a live chat room? might be a good idea. For example I have a few questions about keys but I dont want to post a thread and have to wait.. if there was a live chat I could have a quick discussion about what I need to know.

The problem with this, though, is that other users would not be able to benefit from the knowledge discussed. Chances are we'd have the same 10 questions over and over again.

I just wish the site was easier to navigate. It would be very difficult to change the format at this point though.

Anything is possible... suggestions? :D

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#7 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:31 AM

maybe it's just me, but I find myself going through a tread and having to use the back button to get back to the place of origin.

#8 revdclark

revdclark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:44 AM

I too, am interested in lock picking. Where would be a good place to buy a decent set of picks? How about a reputable place to learn the art? My wife and I enjoy bumping, and have started having a high sucess rate with quickset and schlage-hand held and mounted. Also a good sucess rate with master m1. We would both like to expand into picking, as it seems a little more reliable than bumping.

#9 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:02 AM

I too, am interested in lock picking. Where would be a good place to buy a decent set of picks? How about a reputable place to learn the art? My wife and I enjoy bumping, and have started having a high sucess rate with quickset and schlage-hand held and mounted. Also a good sucess rate with master m1. We would both like to expand into picking, as it seems a little more reliable than bumping.

http://search.half.e...ing_W0QQmZbooks
Pick a book, any book…

Wait, you do not have to buy a book!
http://www.lysator.l.../mit-guide.html

http://www.southord.com/index.htm
Buy a basic set of lock picks here.

Wait, you do not have to buy lock picks! You can make your own like I did.
http://www.lockpicking101.com/ (Tons of info on lock picking, making picks, videos, etc. Should take 2 years to read this entire forum and at least one extra life time to digest it all.)

Make new friends and learn more about lock picking while having the time of your life.
http://www.locksport.../home/index.php (Site has changed some from its original purpose, read older posts to find info on where groups meet in your area.)
Bump it to the next level.

#10 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

I agree about the high quality movies (and pictures too) part, this is what the best lock bumping forum needs to be even better.