• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 siggy

siggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:43 AM

Well, I didn't have a chance to get to the hardware store before it closed today, so no triangular file. I did swing by wal-mart and I picked up a cheap master lock knock-off, mainly for the M1 key. I took that and filed the first (rear-most) cut down a ways, and gave bumping just that one pin a try. Worked great, so I filed all the other cuts down with a needle file and a safe-edge file, and had one :furious3: of a time getting anything with it. I was hitting it with screwdriver handles and lumps of metal and anything I could get my hand on. Finally I looked at some more videos and ran into the tough-guy method and gave it a try (with the 3-pin pullback suggested in another thread) and got it to work once, but at least I know it will work, I just need the practice. Timing and tension seem to be an issue for me, but hopefully that'll come with time.

#2 siggy

siggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:18 AM

Ok, decided you needed to see a picture of this. After posting the above, I kept practicing and got it so that I'm generally fairly confident that I can bump the cheap Master knock-off I got with this key by bumping it. Not on the first try, but within, say, five or so minutes. As I described above, for this key, I use the modified tuff-guy approach. I set the key up so that it's held in the lock by only one pin, put some torque on the key, and hit the key with the heel of my hand. So, here's the picture:

Posted Image

#3 Ronny

Ronny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

I cant see the image, But yeah lots of practice needed in bumping. I practice from last many months and still trying to be good not perfect. Although I always use same approach and by using minimal movement method lots of success is there.