9 replies to this topic

#1 yankeebump

yankeebump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Hi all,
I was wondering what if someone invented a cheap Bump Proof Lock!!!

That would be a curse for all of us.

what do you think he might profit if he sold such an invention?? they will suck his mind and for sure will give him nothing. (unless he is smart enough to suck them :) )

Oh my God, he would be a damn rich man.

don't you think so?

Note: I ordered my Bump keys before someone do such a stupid invention :D

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

Bump proof locks exist. The problem is that they are rather expensive, and most people understand that the threat of someone trotzing into their homes and taking all of their belongings isn't greatly augmented by the sudden media attention turned toward bump keys, and thus few people are going to spend over $100 per cylinder to make their home or business bump-proof.

Truth be told, my home is "protected" by a Schlage. I could go out and get a Medeco, KABA, Bilock, ASSA, etc. or even a digital keypad entry, fork out a stupid amount of money, and then have a would-be thief throw a brick from my patio through the picture window and get in faster than he would using a bump key.

However, if you have a brilliant idea for easily bump-proofing locks that could be presented to a manufacturer that would not greatly increase the cost of production, I'm sure they'd love (and pay) to hear from you. Patent your ideas first!

#3 scott6003

scott6003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

I know Medco has a bump proof padlock, but it cost about $70.00

The downfall to them, is they can still be picked :P

#4 Schneider

Schneider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Its already existing, nothing new in that, bump proof locks cannot be bumped but may be picked so the method will be changed but experts knows the truth about it.
Schneider
NYC Locksmith

#5 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

There have been bump proof locks for many years now but it can still be unlocked without using the original key...it could be through lock picking or any different method that would work...

#6 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

Hi all,

what do you think he might profit if he sold such an invention?? they will suck his mind and for sure will give him nothing. (unless he is smart enough to suck them smile.png )

don't you think so?

Note: I ordered my Bump keys before someone do such a stupid invention biggrin.png

Well if is he smart enough to do that.. there will always be someone smarter to unlock it. :-) It may not be through bump key but could be with some other method..

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

Hi all,

what do you think he might profit if he sold such an invention?? they will suck his mind and for sure will give him nothing. (unless he is smart enough to suck them smile.png )

don't you think so?

Note: I ordered my Bump keys before someone do such a stupid invention biggrin.png

I have heard that Medeco is a company that makes high-end locks.  They can provide bump-proof lock cylinders for which a duplicate key is available only through Medeco-authorized dealers.  Their cylinders start at around $100, although their less-expensive cylinders may not be bump-proof.

#8 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

there are already bump proof locks out there but there are still ways in order to bypass them without the original key or in fact without even a key because if it will be a bump proof lock then probably it will be a key-less type of lock.

#9 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

there are already bump proof locks out there but there are still ways in order to bypass them without the original key or in fact without even a key because if it will be a bump proof lock then probably it will be a key-less type of lock.

you are right, but have a look at this video 

https://www.youtube....om/kUJWc7rIj8I 

#10 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

Hi all,

don't you think so?

Just give it some more time and it will not be bump proof anymore :-)