• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:22 AM

I'm very interested in master locks. I have both of the keys offered at bumpkey.us. Master has many variations their locks and keys used. Some are simply mirror images of keys that work on other master locks. Does anyone know how many different master keys there are and where they can be found?
I've started making my own keys, but I know I can't be alone on this one.

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

Look it up in the ILCO key catalog. I counted 30 distinct keyways, although I'd say that only a half dozen or so are common enough to be worth your while.

If you can confirm that the key is, in fact, just a mirror image, simply copy your existing key to the other blank. (M10 <---> M16, etc.) Although this is probably the only perfectly mirror image switch, the separation should work on many of them. Just make sure that you're able to test them out before tromping off into the sunset with them.

#3 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

Everything you never wanted to know about Master Locks....

http://www.masterloc...anual_11_07.pdf

http://www.masterloc...11_07_pg_25.pdf <-- bitting for Master Lock

Page 21

Edited by Customer Support, 03 September 2009 - 09:15 PM.
updated link

Bump it to the next level.

#4 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the info BLK. The ones I've been looking for are the registered ( do not duplicate ) ones. The K1R and K81R. I've now mastered the m1, my homemade "ugly key" works better than the original. I'm now moving on to the m10. The key I bought works, but the neck of the key isn't long enough for the locks that have the directional gaurd on them. This information will keep me busy for a long time.

#5 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the info BLK. The ones I've been looking for are the registered ( do not duplicate ) ones. The K1R and K81R. I've now mastered the m1, my homemade "ugly key" works better than the original. I'm now moving on to the m10. The key I bought works, but the neck of the key isn't long enough for the locks that have the directional gaurd on them. This information will keep me busy for a long time.

At least you know which way to turn the key! The cylinders in those locks are sloppy loose which also makes them a real joy to bump or pick.:brickwall:
Bump it to the next level.