Photo
- - - - -

Read this story. Lot's of bumping "fun".

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:05 AM

Well, I have a little story to tell about the last few hours. I think some of you will enjoy it.

I'm staying at my dad's house, dog-sitting while he's out of town. Well, It's 3 AM and I suddenly realize that I have a Schlage bump key, and there are a bunch of Schlage locks that I haven't tried to bump yet. I start bumping every lock I can find over and over again. The doorknob locks were giving me trouble though. I lock the doorknob lock for the door into the garage while it's open, and I try to bump it. Well, no luck. So I walk out into the garage and the door closes behind me. I realize when I try to go back in that it's locked.

Well, no problem, right? I've been bumping locks left and right. Well, for some reason I can't seem to bump any lock anymore. I realize that my key is a bit bent, with a nice tear in the metal. I keep trying to bend it back and bump with it, but it just keeps bending. Well, I'll bet you can guess what happens after a while. The damn thing finally snapped.

I remembered I had an extra old Schlage key at my house, and fortunately I had my keys in the garage with me, though the key to my dad's house is inside. Well, thank god for that, because I really didn't want to have to walk the 5-10 miles to the nearest King Soopers in the middle of the night to buy a blank key while in my boxers.

After a trip home and about a half hour, I had a new bump key. I had to adjust it some when I got back to make it work, but I finally got back in after 3 1/2 hours. The thing that really cracks me up is that I finally NEEDED a bump key, but if I wasn't screwing around with a bump key for kicks, I never would have needed it. I can't help feeling like god is smiting me for learning to bump when I don't have a real good reason to.

Hope you enjoyed, sorry if you didn't.

#2 alpha23

alpha23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:24 PM

Lol, nice.

#3 bentpick

bentpick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

Recently, I've been locked out of my house TWICE!!!! Of course my picks and bump keys were INSIDE the house :eek: . The first time I crawled through the SECOND story window (Cussing the whole time)...the 2nd time my son came home within 15 minutes with his keys. But both times I said to myself...'I'll be damned if I call a LOCKSMITH!!!!!!' I would have whittled picks or a bump key out of dry cat sh*t before I called for help! I would have found an old chicken bone in the garbage and made a rake pick, or searched in the sewer for a street cleaner bristle or........well you get the idea. Nobodys gonna pick my locks except me dammit :brickwall: . I guess I have lockpickin' pride or something...anyway I'm going to start carrying picks and bump keys from now on!!!! :smile:
Bump on!!!!

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

While I can't say that I don't carry some picks and a few bump keys with me at all times, I'd have to say that it can be a bad idea in legal terms. Make sure that your home state/county/country allows the carriage of locksmithing tools, etc.

Aside from that, carry away and use your skills as a public service whenever possible!

#5 ArchsageVal

ArchsageVal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

good read :)

#6 scott6003

scott6003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

I don't use bump keys on my actuall house locks.

I wen't to manards and bought a few different brands of locks, spent about $50.00 and I jsut bractice on those. :):biggrin:

#7 MontrealHomegrown

MontrealHomegrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

haha wow, thats alot of trouble... you should probly learn from "scott6003" :P

#8 Martin

Martin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:32 AM

You really managed all, good one. This is what bumping is all about - trying, practicing, learning and gaining experience. I really enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing.