• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chorbats

chorbats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

Any suggestions on what key to use on the brinks padlock? ive havent gotten my set yet. I been picking for a while and bumping seems to be something new. The brinks is the only one that I couldnt pick.

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:24 AM

Most of the Brinks padlocks I've seen have been M1 keyways.

I also had a Brinks padlock I couldn't pick... a 60mm monster with a lot of give to the cylinder. It uses multiple spool pins, which is what makes picking especially difficult. A very well made bump key and a feather touch will often bump it open.

If you're still trying to pick it, try reverse picking it... raise all the pins above the shearline, apply heavy tension, and then rake it letting the bottom pins drop while decreasing tension slightly. It's a dirty trick, but it often works.

#3 chorbats

chorbats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:09 AM

Well got my bump keys a few days ago and was able to bump the brinks pad lock on the 3rd try. Then I've hit it about 800 times and no luck? So I know it can be done. Tried the kwilset on my doors and it worked about after 30 or so times. I know it takes practice, but my knuckles are starting to bruise. Is it like this in the beginning for everyone? Bought a masterlock at HD and haven't bump it yet. Everyone makes it look so easy online.

#4 ucantstopthis1

ucantstopthis1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

I fully agree with you. I got my schalade key to work on one door and thats it. Ive copied the keys, thank G., Because Ive wore out the copys tring to get the simple master locks open. Ive tried the tension tool threw the key hole to apply super light presure and I still cant get it.??? Was woundering if the first cut is sapose to be higher than all the rest of the cuts? its like that on most of the keys.

#5 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

I worked few times with brinks padlocks and and once confused later revealed that m1 keys are best for them as said earlier.
Sandy