• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:58 PM

I've had success with my YALE bumpkey in a few pin tumbler padlocks as the profile and size of pins and spacing is identical. Anyone else doing UK padlocks?
Also, in about 1 minute you can make a wee little bump key to do those little cheap padlocks you get in hardware stores for about 5 quid, not the really useless tiny ones, about 3cm across I think they're quite good fo technique and also make you look like a secret agent racking five or six off quick as a shot. You can bump them with a hard strike from the inside of your index finger. I done 28 :oops: locks for the bloke in the hardware store who was most impressed and made me a cup of tea (which burnt me on my then blistered finger as I held it)

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:12 AM

Well, I dont think you can rake anything faster personally. I wouldnt even bother with padlocks. I've always been about to rake them

#3 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:55 AM

Padlocks are pointless--get a shim a and you can save time and effort. A padlock shim is among the cheapest locksmith tools available.

#4 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

the old UK -US language bnarrier here. 'racking five or six off' is 'racking' as in 'racking them up' for a game of pool. Not raking as in torque wrench and a raking pick. I was bumping them. I haven't found shims too successfull. sure if you can get them in. but more often than not, I cant.

www.ukbumpkeys.com

#5 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

To be real honest I never tried on Padlocks so I do not have any idea about that.
Sandy