• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kespup

kespup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:36 PM

Click the link. Then check out the video. WOW!

http://www.theboston...997/detail.html

#2 MontrealHomegrown

MontrealHomegrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

which one is slickj is that the guy who hits the key with the file?

#3 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

A forensic locksmith was used to determine a bump key had been used??? I my brushes with the boys in blue, they don't even try to find the suspect. They don't even look for finger prints and no report if they can avoid it. "we will let you know if we find anything." How many "forensic locksmiths" are there actually on this planet?

#4 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:05 AM

I didn't comment earlier because when using FireFox I was unable to view the video... I thought I was going crazy. Any how, thanks for pointing out that we are actually featured on the news!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#5 yoyoboy

yoyoboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

Most of the time forensic locksmiths aren't working in direct conjunction with the police. They are usually hired by property owners and insurance company's to determine whether or not the insurance company has to pay.

Example:
Shop owner comes to his store in the morning, the door is open and everything in the store is gone.
The door frame and all the exterior windows are are intact, and there is no visible signs of entry on the lock IE drilling.
The Insurance company claims that either: 1. the shop owner was an idiot and forgot to lockup, or it is insurance fraud. The shop owner than calls a forensic locksmith, who is able to determine if the lock has been picked, bumped etc. and that someone did in fact break and enter.