• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Wolvespire

Wolvespire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:17 PM

Can anyone give me advice about what I'm doing wrong?

I've bumped the hell out of a friend's Master Lock (unknown type), but I bought a set of number 3's and can't get anything. I've been trying for nearly a day now and nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

http://www.bumpkeyfo...read.php?t=1057 Read the above Thread in the Questions part of the forum. And hope that you do not get pummeled for posting this here....
Bump it to the next level.

#3 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

The pummeling will ensue once slick gets on the forums. ;)

But for the misguided poster: I find that all of my Master No.3 padlocks have the strange tendency to bump better counterclockwise, although they do open both ways. Two clicks out, pressure with the thumb on the bottom of the key, and a healthy tap... they can all literally be bumped every single time you try after three or four minutes of practice.

#4 Wolvespire

Wolvespire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:50 AM

I thank you for your advice, and I certainly do not look forward to pummeling. I generally hate pummeling, especially when it's happening to me. In fact, ONLY when it's happening to me...:eek:
  • BLK likes this

#5 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:02 AM

We'll make sure that he goes easy with the pummeling, certainly don't want to chase you off of the forums!

I must make a correction to my previous post. I was not, in fact, refering to my Master No. 3 padlocks, I was refering to my Master No. 1 padlocks in error.

Master No. 3s are much smaller than No. 1s, and only turn in a clockwise direction. Bumping them can be more difficult, simply because of their small size and the fact that the tolerances in the three that I have tend to be lower than other Master Locks. The plug seems to be almost free floating, which can make for a sticky bumping situation. It is, however, possible to bump them using your M1, and is relatively easy after some practice.

#6 Wolvespire

Wolvespire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:40 PM

I took the advice and immediately went and grabbed my M1 and my number 3 and actually got with your advice got it to bump within three tries (I had previously been attempting this for two days). Within an hour I was getting on average 7 out of 10 successful bumps. So I'd consider that mastered.

Now it's on to the lock on my front door.

and your protection from pummeling (most especially if it would be about the face) is greatly appreciated. I want my face pummeling to be from a blonde with very large hooters, if I have it at all.

#7 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

and your protection from pummeling (most especially if it would be about the face) is greatly appreciated. I want my face pummeling to be from a blonde with very large hooters, if I have it at all.

Reminds me of the scenes in Exit Wounds with Tom Arnold and Steven Segal...."I guess you see the bandage on my forehead. They were 2 really big 'guys' that tried to beat the crap out of me." The strippers had pummeled him.:biggrin:
Bump it to the next level.

#8 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

When we marked 'all forums as read' we sure did miss a lot of good questions (Read: pummeling).

If you're ever in doubt of which key will fit what master lock, head to their web site: www.masterlock.com and take a peek at which key the lock uses.

I took the advice and immediately went and grabbed my M1 and my number 3 and actually got with your advice got it to bump within three tries (I had previously been attempting this for two days). Within an hour I was getting on average 7 out of 10 successful bumps. So I'd consider that mastered.

Am I reading this right... You used a M1 bump key to bump open a padlock that uses a M3 key? The way I'm seeing the keyway's on these locks there should be no way the keys work for each other. As it's been stated already, the M3 is a much smaller key. While it's smaller, it also has a different key way.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#9 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:33 PM

i dont know about M keys yet(im on the site in a new window) But Slick, this may be a case of Noobius Shamfulnuss. I dont think there is a cure! LOL
Bump It And You Will Enter

#10 Wolvespire

Wolvespire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:23 AM

When we marked 'all forums as read' we sure did miss a lot of good questions (Read: pummeling).

If you're ever in doubt of which key will fit what master lock, head to their web site: www.masterlock.com and take a peek at which key the lock uses.

Am I reading this right... You used a M1 bump key to bump open a padlock that uses a M3 key? The way I'm seeing the keyway's on these locks there should be no way the keys work for each other. As it's been stated already, the M3 is a much smaller key. While it's smaller, it also has a different key way.

I think I may possibly have had a moment where the english language temporarily left me. I used the M1 key on the master lock number 3 padlock...sorry for the general stupidity I've engaged in during my limited time hereabouts.

#11 kon3ki0n

kon3ki0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:15 PM

I can bump my long shackle no.3 but not my short shackle. There really is no point in bumping these locks though, takes 1 swipe of a rake pick and there open.

#12 sundawgf22

sundawgf22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

I think I'm in the same situation. I'm trying to bump a Masterlock No. 3 padlock with my M1 bumpkey. I've been successful so far. Anyone had any luck doing this?