• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lb1569

lb1569

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:45 AM

My friend and I were trying to bump the lock in his apartment. It has a label that say's Kwikset-Protecto on the deadbolt. I know that the locks in the complex are mastered but has anyone heard of this type of lock? I have no problem with bumping the locks on my house which are Kwikset. I did some research and I think it has something to do with the way the pins are so that it can be mastered or something. Can this lock be bumped?

Thanks in advance,
LB

#2 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:57 AM

Standard, cheap, builder grade, stupid easy to pick or bump. PROTECTO...makes me laugh every time I see one of them.
Bump it to the next level.

#3 bentpick

bentpick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:07 PM

Notice they put an 'O' at the end of 'protect'....without the 'O' they would be sued for misrepresenting their product. Just remember...if it says kwikset, think BUMPO.... :cool:

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:12 PM

It's not technically misrepresentation, it's just widely understood as PROTECTO, when in fact it's supposed to be PROTECT0. The last character is a number, not a letter. :)

They wouldn't sell too many of those if the name was "Kwikset Protect Zero."

#5 bentpick

bentpick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

I love it!!!! Protect'0'....so they are being 100% truthful...ha! Thanks for pointing that out :bow:

#6 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

I think working on used lock is not good if that lock is in use and yeah that is protect zero not protect o.
Sandy