Photo
- - - - -

What was the first lock you ever bumped?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MrArsonal

MrArsonal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:50 PM

For me, it was my garage door... KW1 Kwikset about a week ago. Oh, the joy when the door finally opened!

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:37 AM

SC4 for me... only took three smacks and it was open.

#3 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

It was the spare YALE lock barrell that I had after breaking one in the lock on my mothers house. Although it's basic it's very tempting to do otherwise: NEVER PRACTICE ON IN USE LOCKS. However, when it went, lovely

#4 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

SC1 for me. Took me quite a few tries though. The lock was significantly dimpled after that :)

#5 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:06 AM

I got a local hardware store to cut me a Kwikset key to all 7's, went home and filed the tip as per TOOOL's doc, and I went around the corner to Home Depot and whacked every one of their KW1's on display...I'm pretty good now, it only seems to take an average of one whack to get it to spin...their locks are only slightly dimpled, and only a few of them. One way I've found pretty effective is to cut about .5mm from the shoulder, then put a small piece of scotch tape over the cut. Seems to work well.

#6 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:06 AM

scotch tape is enough to prevent the dimple? I wouldnt think it would be thick enough

#7 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

There's no need for something "thick", just something to prevent the metal parts from banging together...

#8 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

Entry door lock of my store room, Although its old and I was trying bumping from three days but finally succeeded.
Sandy